Friday, 28 May 2010
Hair! (again)
Or
I don't know what to do in concerns to my barnet.
To dread?
It'd be nice. I like to be a little different and out of the ordinary. I certainly would be with that kind of do. A few friends have said that it'd really suit me. Even my mother's said I should do it. I don't really trust her judgement though. It could all just be revenge for being a wanker in my teens (Think Kevin & Perry but a little more God-fearing. [not in a religious way, I was genuinely a bit frightened of Mother Dearest.]) I can't really see myself with dread though. And then there's that whole 'waiting for decent dreads to form and mature' thing. That takes a while apparently.
Other options?
To stay as is?
That could work. Just keep growing out and down. Have fun with how it's going like that. I saw Ross Noble on Jonathan Ross recently and he was rocking something akin to that. He then proceeded to ramble and babble as only Ross Noble can and then wrestle Mr. Ross to the floor. So maybe not? Maybe it was his hair that made him do it? Adopting a 'Guns don't kill people, their hairstyles do' kind of mentality, if you'll allow me.
Or... Get a trim?
Enjoy the big haired madness that is my 'fro. Revel in the lunacy my follicles assume. Become the caricature of PJGPV that I've been toying with for the past 9 months or so. I mean, it's certainly 'a look' that only I have.
But, I've never been one for stagnation. I'm not the kind of guy to find something I like then never steer from it. If I had a motto (Please let me never be a man with a motto), it'd be 'Try everything once'. Now, there are of course exceptions to this. Suicide, crack, murder and starring in toothpaste adverts.
The other option, of course, is to cut it all off. I have a confession to make. This is my favourite option. Those who've known me for a while will know that this isn't the first time I've grown my hair out. I think it may be the longest it's got, if not the second out of the three times I've grown it. Cutting it off is a lot of fun because it's a great shock value. I never tell anyone I'm going off to do it. I never tell anyone I've done it. I just turn up wherever I'm supposed to be with a great deal less hair than I had before. It's exceedingly fun doing that. The thing is though, I've done it a few times now so the shine's come off. It's an old trick. It's old hat. It's been done. I actually kind of like me with not a lot of hair. The problem lies in that I also like me with a lot of hair.
As a tactic for getting attention goes, having an afro does the trick really well. That's one of the reasons I decided to have this incarnation of the long hair. Going to uni with a 'fro was a sure fire way of getting noticed. It really does work and I advise it to all. I'm going to be Social Events Co-ordinator for the biggest society in my university next year. That seems as good a reason as any to keep the big hair and remain a point of attention. But I don't know!
What a fucking dilemma.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment