Or
Happy birthday m'dear.
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to Lizface, happy birthday to you.
Due to my truly extrodinary poverty, I've been forced into a position to use my blog to appease any birthday girl disappointments.
I'm living with a bunch of really lovely people next year and I'm really rather looking forward to it, but I'm especially pleased that one person, who has been named pseudonymically Liz (despite me actually living with a Liz next year) for reasons known only to herself, for she is independantly wonderful (I saw independantly wonderful as I know of few people who are wonderful in her particular brand). Liz was my first friend at university. First day of the course, we were put into groups of about 25 people alphabetically (I was in with all the 'O's, 'P's and 'Q's). I was, as usually fidgeting and spinning a pen around my fingers (a fairly annoying habit I picked up in GCSE Biology) when all of a sudden I hear 'That's so cool, you've got to teach me that!' from some nervous-excited-squeaky northern girl.
To be fair, my ego wasn't quite as needy as it was these days, but I still enjoyed the compliment and powerful position I was put in. I start talking to the girl, discover she's a bit of a geek, kinda funny, not at all bad looking and thinks I'm the best thing sinced sliced bread. (Sliced bread's quite a new invention in the north, they're still enamored with it). She kills all of this almost immediately when we leave the holding pen we've been forced into for an hour and a half and declares "Oh my God, you look just like Mika!"
For fuck's sake.
Despite this injust and devastating insult, I continue talking to her. I kept that up for some time. We chatted basically every day. We were in a lot of the same tutorials and we were both the only ones to do the set work. We went to the pub for lunch quite a lot. We were in a singing contest together (LIVERPOOL'S GOT THE TALENT FACTOR or some such bollocks). I got know her boyfriend (a very lovely and jolly chap indeed, many talents and things he's willing to share) and everything was fun.
Coursework season came about. I have no problem with just pulling my finger out and sitting down and doing work when I need to. I can do it anywhere, at any time on any subject. Liz isn't quite as work-motivated as I am. She's a little more instant-gratification, to say the least. I ended up forcing her to do all nighters (she's not quite as insonmaniacal as I am, i.e. she enjoys and relishes sleep) to get all the work done. It was mostly a day-before-deadline job for most of them. She beat me in almost every coursework as well. That was annoying.
The point of this is to say Happy Birthday my dear. It's been fucking lovely knowing you for the whole of this year and you're one of my best friends. Have a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment